SERVICE TERMS & CONDITIONS
For Catering Services to be provided by Beales Gourmet Ltd, (‘Company’ or ‘we’)
These Terms and Conditions (including the Booking Form) apply to the following as may be applicable:
The Company’s supply of catering services to other persons or firms either within a 5 mile radius from Compton Acres, Poole (“Local”) or outside of that 5 mile radius (“External”).
The contract will be between the Company and the Customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘Customer’, ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Beales Gourmet Ltd may update these terms and conditions from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Prices and Services
- All prices listed are exclusive of VAT, except where stated.
- If the rate of VAT increases, Beales Gourmet Ltd reserve the right to increase the total cost of the event by the amount specified by the government, on events already booked.
- Prices include crockery, cutlery and professional uniformed waiting staff where stated on your catering package.
- Table cloths and linen napkins may be included in your catering package, however if additional linen is required for cake tables and/or present tables a supplementary charge may apply.
- If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
- If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered. Upon submitting your booking form and paying your deposit, you agree to the minimum spend as stipulated on your event proposal. Events are booked based on, but not limited to, the acceptance of that minimum spend.
- Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by up to 10 this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed and allowances can not be made if the numbers drop.
- For a function at an external venue travel charges may apply.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your catering package which you have agreed to in writing.
- Our contract with you for the provision of services will be concluded when you complete the Booking Form and your non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
- Beales Gourmet Ltd is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
- Beales Gourmet cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes, when the client asks us to assist with the presentation of it. It is advised that the client should arrange and present the cake themselves, as Beales Gourmet does not offer this service as part of the catering package. We do, however, offer a cake cutting service in the evening as part of the catering package.
- Beales Gourmet Ltd reserves the right to adjust price lists and to run special offers as it deems necessary. Any changes to price lists or special offers will not affect bookings already made.
- Adults are not permitted to buy alcoholic drinks for under 18 year olds, as this is illegal.
- Gratuities are at your discretion.
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £1500 (inc vat) for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a completed booking form, before your booking is confirmed. If you are booking the Highcliffe Castle ‘All Inclusive Package’ a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £500 (inc vat) for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a completed booking form, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the Price will be due 4 weeks prior to the event unless a credit arrangement has been made.
- For other events a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed, along with a completed booking form, which will be quoted based on the overall Price for the event. The balance of the Price will be due 4 weeks prior the event.
- Payment can be made preferably by bank transfer into our company bank account, but we also accept cash, cheque and payment cards. Please note that we do not accept American Express cards and please note that if you are paying by credit or debit card at one of our bars, there is a minimum spend of £10.00.
- Please make cheques payable to Beales Gourmet Ltd and send to Beales Gourmet Ltd, Compton Acres, 164 Canford Cliffs Rd, Poole BH13 7ES
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on late payments. For consumers, (as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015), the rate of interest is 4% above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc. For persons other than consumers (as so defined) the rate of interest shall be the higher of 8% and the rate specified from time to time in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act.
Beales Gourmet Ltd reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons:
- a) If the client or Beales Gourmet Ltd becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- b) If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Beales Gourmet Ltd.
In any of these situations Beales Gourmet Ltd will refund any payments made in advance, but will have no further liability to the client.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
- The Deposit paid is non-refundable, non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
- Cancellation between twelve months and six months prior to the event – you will owe us 50% of the total contract package price
- Cancellation between six months and three months prior to the event – you will owe us 75% of the total contract package price.
- Cancellation between three months and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total contract package price.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
Please note that all parties named in the booking form are jointly and severally liable for the sums payable under this agreement.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your catering package and once the Terms and Conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your ‘catering package quotation’ which must be paid in full, however, the Company reserves the right to charge more for the food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
- All food which is not consumed within two hours at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Beales Gourmet Limited cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two hour period.
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Please note that all of our food contains allergenic ingredients. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing. If you wish to know more about our ingredients, please speak to your Event Coordinator. Please note that we work with allergenic ingredients in our kitchen and whilst we will can cater for special diets for people with food allergies, we cannot guarantee that their meals will not contain traces of allergenic ingredients.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- (a) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- (c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (d) for any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
- (e) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
- (a) loss of income or revenue;
- (b) loss of business;
- (c) loss of profits or contracts;
- (d) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Any equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be charged at the full replacement cost.
- Additional charges may apply for the hiring of site kitchens and specialist equipment and, if so these will be stated in your catering package.
- The Company reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company or the caterers.
- Corkage for wine & champagne is charged at the rate specified in your catering package. This will cover the chilling, serving, glass hire and recycling of empty bottles. A fee can be agreed upon before the event (and if so this will be stated in the quotation) so there are no hidden charges or unexpected charges after the event.
- It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage, public liability.
- Beales Gourmet Ltd cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations.
Please feel free to contact us for further information:
Office: 01202 700992
Address: Beales Gourmet Ltd, Compton Acres, 164 Canford Cliffs Road, Poole, Dorset BH13 7ES
Limitation of Liability and indemnity
The Company shall not be liable for events beyond its control or for indirect or consequential loss or damage, and the Company’s maximum liability (whether in Contract Tort or otherwise) shall not exceed the price paid for the Services and the Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage to the Company or its property that is caused by the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any notice shall be in writing, including by email, to the recipient’s email address as provided herein or otherwise as provided to the other party from time to time.
Beales Gourmet Limited T/A The Italian Villa Registered number: 06542324
Registered office address (Not Postal Address): 21 Church Road, Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 8UF
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Beales Gourmet. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.